Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is a well-used para-phrase but commonly misunderstood.
At J Resources we take CSR very seriously and presently focus on three areas:
- Our Sustainable Development Approach;
- Our Corporate Social Investment (CSI) programs, and
- Our Sustainable Development (SD) Reporting.
It is a major undertaking and is always work in progress but we call it “continuous improvement”…
Our Sustainable Development Approach includes…
- Reducing Resource Consumption – Our Company is reliant on non-renewable resources to conduct its business. The efficient use of these resources is of utmost importance and directly contributes to the resilience of the company, whilst assisting it to adapt to an environment that is increasingly resource constrained.
- Minimizing our Environmental Impacts – We adopt a pro-active management approach when considering potential environmental impacts. The minimization, mitigation and management of these impacts are key components of the Company’s duty of care.
- Creating a Safe and Healthy Working Environment – J Resources promotes a culture of zero harm and responsible care. Our workforce is our most valued asset and their continued good health and safety will always be our priority.
- Developing and Retaining our People – Our human resource strategy is to engage, develop and retain professional and first-class employees. We consider this to be a key element in achieving operational excellence.
- Optimizing Community Benefit - Our operations are mostly based within existing socio-economic environments. We benefit from mining and our other activities during the life of these operations and in turn we regard it as our moral obligation to contribute to the sustainable socio-economic growth of the communities in which we operate.
Our Corporate Social Investment (CSI) programs strive…
…to add value within the immediate communities in which we operate.
We also understand that due to location, political climate and demographics each community may have its own set of dynamics and the intention is therefore not to dictate to the communities, but rather to provide a structured method by which everyone can align themselves with the J Resources CSR Policy and the CSI approach.
Our Sustainable Development (SD) Reporting is a commitment…
…to develop and implement Sustainable Development reporting based on current best practice.
The Company has decided to start by compiling an internal report for 2015 and to follow that up by full public reporting from 2016 onwards.