The J Resources Management System has been developed and continues to evolve in a manner that helps embed our vision for sustainable development into our daily Company operational activities. The system is aligned with relevant ISO standards and where practicable also with the IFC Performance Standards and the IFC EHS Guidelines. The management system enables variations between jurisdictions to ensure compliance with local legal requirements in the countries where we work.
The system focuses on prioritizing Environmental Protection, the Health and Safety of our employees and also that of the people living around our operations.
Maintaining the environment for the benefit of current and future generations, and ensuring a positive legacy from J Resources activities for host communities is our passion.
Our policies and procedures support good business practice and we commit to meet, or if at all possible, to exceed applicable laws and external requirements in the jurisdictions where we work.
Below is a summary of our three operating policies:
MINING ENVIRONMENT AND SAFETY POLICIES
In accordance with the vision of the company to operate an innovative mining company, passionate about Sustainability, Growth and our Brand, the management of J Resources is committed to achieve best performance in Mining Environment and Safety (MES) in the mining industry, as well as to make continuous improvement in MES Management to achieve safe, efficient, productive and environmentally friendly mining operations.
In order to achieve its commitment, J Resources is determined to:
To achieve the above commitments and objectives, the management of J Resources will implement the following programs:
- Proactive programs to protect the environment and prevent environmental pollution;
- Implement natural resources and energy conservation programs and apply the 3R (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) principles as the preferred culture in all operational activities; and
- Actively contribute to preservation and recovery of biodiversity and non-biological diversity in the mining area and its surroundings.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY (OHS) MANAGEMENT:
- Proactive programs to prevent fatalities and other injury incidents;
- Reduce losses within the company due to property damage caused by incidents, operational errors and inadequate maintenance; and
- Make every effort to prevent the occurrence of occupational diseases.
To achieve the above commitment and targets, we expect all management and employees, including contractors and partners to actively participate in implementing this Mining Environmental and Safety Policy.
CSR & SD POLICIES
The Company recognizes the importance of sustainable business processes and is committed to the development, implementation and maintenance of internationally recognized standards of Environment, Health, Safety, Social, Economic and Business Management, in order to conduct our business with due care and respect for people and the environment.
The Company aims to achieve this by:
- Promoting a culture of Zero Harm and Responsible Care;
- Providing a working environment built on the principles of respect, fair labour practices and decent working conditions for our staff;
- Management of biodiversity, sensitive environments, land use and site rehabilitation to protect the environment throughout the life cycle of our mining operations;
- Compliance with applicable legal and other industry requirements to which we subscribe;
- Setting and achieving targets related to resource utilization efficiency, waste minimization as well as pollution prevention and control;
- Respecting fundamental human rights as well as the traditional rights of host communities, their diverse cultures and heritage;
- Regular, sustained and participative communication and collaboration with all stakeholders; and
- Being an active participant in the sustainable creation of economic and social prosperity for communities impacted by our mines so that we develop a lasting legacy within our host communities.
The Company will provide the resources required to implement this Policy and to continually improve our CSR performance.
The Company recognizes the importance of sustainable business processes and is therefore committed to the development, implementation and maintenance of internationally recognized standards of Corporate Social Investment (CSI) Management, in order to conduct our business with due care and respect for the communities impacted by our operations.
The Company aims to achieve this by:
The Company will provide the resources required to implement this Policy and to continually improve our CSI efforts.